background

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

This one is a little different

I know that most if not all of my posts here center around my youngest child, PJ. This will be a little different in that it's all about Rebecca, my middle child. She is 13 years old, in the 7th grade, which is year 2 of middle school. She goes to a magnet school, not because we applied, but because it's the assigned school for where we live. She's been Honor Roll for as long as I can remember, but specifically she's not missed an honor roll award since starting middle school. This last grading period, she also got an award for behavior. Recently one of her teachers nominated her for inclusion into the 2010 United States Achievement Academy National Yearbook, which allows her, and other recipients of this honor the opportunity to apply for 400 different grants awarded annually that are only available to those honored in this yearbook. While filling out her bio, she realized the importance of extra-curricular activities for her future acceptance into college. She is trying out for track this week. On Monday, she was so beaten that she wanted to quit. They worked those girls hard. I told her I wouldn't be mad at her if she decided to quit, but after a hot bath and a motrin and a good nights sleep, she said they could cut her, but she wouldn't quit. Today (after day 2 of tryouts) she's limping around like an old lady, but not going to quit. Poor thing. I take ZERO credit for how this beautiful girl is turning out, but I'm so very proud of her. Yes, she displays 13 year old attitude at times, but gosh darn it she is an amazing child. She is terrific with children, I mean gifted with them, little ones come to her, even if they don't know her. I love all of my babies, and am proud of each of them. They all work hard and bring me joy. I just needed to brag on Becca, she is a truly beautiful person, and I can't think of a thing she could do that would make me more proud of her than I already am. I love u Becca!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll bet her uncle would like to see a picture of her holding a tole painted bucket

Kathy said...

I will have to tell her to get moving on it. She brings it out every now and again and paints a bit, but there's more UNDONE than done.

Anonymous said...

procrastination=genetics

BobbyC said...

She is indeed a wonderful girl, but then look at her mother, and grandmother. Bravo Becca. Choose a California college, then you can stay with great-aunt Jeudi. xoxoxoxox