background

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

New Year News

I finally got the results of the biopsies from PJ's endoscopy. As suspected, the only thing that came back was mild esophagitis, and he switched PJ from prilosec to prevacid, and doubled the dosage from the previous rx that PJ's pediatrician had prescribed. (was 7.5mg daily, now is 15 mg daily.) I also told the nurse I spoke with that I had decided to withhold the Reglan from PJ until we had tried other "fixes" as I was not comfortable giving it to him at this time. He's actually been vomiting a little less for the past few days, and I've been giving him pediasure mixed with cereal at night before bed (when he normally doesn't vomit) to try to help him gain weight. We'll see the Ped. GI in a month and see how he's doing, and if necessary, see what else we can do.

I got a job!!!! I start training this coming Monday. Thank you to everybody who prayed and sent positive wishes.   Now please don't get me wrong. I am happy to have a job. I will work hard and enjoy my work, and be a valued employee.  BUT... It's really NOT the ideal job, or at least I don't see it as such at this time. My hours will be from 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm, And I will have Wednesday and Sunday off. I've never worked a shift like this and have always had 2 consecutive days off, always the weekends, so It's going to be different, and PJ will definitely miss me at bedtime. It's our cuddle time, and daddy is great, but he's not me. Becca will miss my homework help in the afternoons, too. But, it will be nice to have a weekday off, and I've already started trying to reschedule PJ's future Dr appointments to Wednesdays.  When the economy picks up, and Daniel can once again have a good job, we'll re-evaluate who needs to be home.  (I'm hoping it's going to be me :o) 

Anyway, I wanted to leave you with some PJ. The videos are poor quality (cheap little no name digital camera), but it's still my darling boy!

mmm,sgettimmm, sgetti.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO adorable!!

Love love love that big ole goofy gummy grin!!

Shea said...

I am thrilled that you got a job. I hope a better one comes through or that Danial can go to work, but for now YIPPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!

Melanie said...

Loved the video! Cutest giggles ever!

Kim said...

I love those giggles!
Congrats on the job. I hope everyone is adjusting well. Matt's company just gave the entire company a 10% paycut. I dare not leave my job since I am the one who has job security.