background

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Look Who's Walkin'!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, at 16 months of age, my amazingly brilliant little man is taking steps!  His PT got him to walk across the room a week ago, him wailing and mad the whole time, but she told me when she left, that before she comes back in 2 weeks, he'd start practicing on his own, and guess what? She knows her stuff! Yesterday he started, and today Daddy was able to catch a bit of what we're excited about around here.  Yay PJ!!

 

I've started a new job, and Daddy is being Mr. Mom. It's very difficult for each and every one of us in the family. The job is from 3pm to 12midnight, which I've never done before, so it's real hard getting the required sleep for a number of reasons.  It's hard to wind down and go to bed, PJ is not LOVING the new arrangements, since I've always been the one to put him to bed AND he's getting a few teeth, so he's being fussy. I ALMOST NEVER get to see my daughter Rebecca because she leaves the house at 7am for the school bus, and I can't get up by then if I only fell asleep at like 3. I'm gone by the time she gets home from school. I miss her. And she misses me. Daddy's doing a great job, and getting all the quality time he could ask for with PJ and Becca. She's a big help to him, playing with her brother and giving Daddy a break.

Financially things are at an all time low. My first paycheck isn't until the 30th, and I'm not sure I'll have enough gas to get back and forth to work.  I had to borrow $20.00 from mom last week for diapers.

PJ's stomach seems to be getting better. I almost hate to write about it, for fear of jinxing the whole situation. I'm not sure if it's the Prevacid in higher doses, or if it's just that his muscles are finally getting the strength they need to move the food down, instead of up and out.  He was seen last Monday at the pediatrician, and he had gained 10 ounces from his check up on 12/15, so that's terrific. His vomiting is much less, for the past few weeks. We are thankful.

9 comments:

My name is Sarah said...

This is Joyce. How exciting that PJ is walking. I'm happy to hear about the job even if the hours are not so good. My husband was a Mr. Mom for 12 years, so I somewhat know what you mean about missing out on things. After a while, it was not as hard.

Michelle said...

Hooray for PJ!!! Love those little steps!!

Shea said...

How freakin awesome to see him walking!!!!!!!

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

That's awesome! :) WTG PJ!!!

Anonymous said...

How wonderful that PJ's walking!!!!

Leah Spring said...

Hooray for walking! I'm so excited for him (and you, cuz I remember that feeling of sheer JOY!) I'll be praying you can get through this rough spot with money. remember that feeling to. Actually, I HAVE that feeling ever couple of months.

Terri said...

Way to go PJ! That is sooo exciting!

Melanie said...

PJ is a rock star!!! 16 months is so early to be walking!!! Earliest I have heard of yet! Great job! He is SO darn cute taking those first steps.

Kim said...

That is wonderful that PJ is walking! I'm sorry to hear that your family is having to make tough adjustments, but thankful you were able to find a job. Your family is in our prayers!