background

Friday, August 22, 2008

Made a new friend today IRL

(In Real Life)

A sweet lady, Kristen, who I met on the internet before PJ was born, decided that almost one year was long enough to wait to meet up IRL. She made the two plus hour trip to Raleigh and we met at a park so the kids could have a bit of fun. Daniel and Becca came along, so we all got to meet Kristen and Ethan. He is so handsome! He loved the swing and the train ride, he'd laugh when his mom would tell me something about him, then we'd laugh, and he'd laugh some more. He gave high fives to Becca and Daniel. PJ was super tired, he missed his afternoon nap and decided to stay awake the whole time, so he wasn't as wonderfully happy as he can be, but he had a good time and wasn't one of "those" children, he was actually pretty good considering how tired he was.

One thing that was funny was there was a couple there, grandparents to 20 month old triplets, 2 boys and a girl... They were on their way out of the park, walking towards the parking lot, when one of the boys took a shine to Becca, he wrapped himself around her leg, put his hands up to her for her to pick him up, and almost cried when he had to leave her. It was really a freaky kind of experience. It was as if he knew her, which of course, he did not. I told Becca it was as if her knew her in a different life, and Kristen called her "The Baby Whisperer" It just confirmed to me that Rebecca's calling is to work with children in some capacity, and she's leaning toward therapist for special needs young'ns. She's terrific. We took a million photos, but our camera has such a slow shutter speed that only a few came out not blurry, so here's the best of them from our first K & E meet. I hope we get to do it again, soon.







6 comments:

Mommy to those Special Ks said...

How fun!! Color me jealous! :)

Kristen said...

I had a great visit! Thank you so much for suggesting this park! I think that it was a great choice! Until next time!

Kim said...

How great! Next time I'll have to join you guys! I could be there in about an hour or so. The only thing that stinks is that I work Monday thru Friday :(

CoryTraumaRN said...

Kat! I didn't know you had this blog! How wonderful! Looks like you had a great time! PJ is so wonderful and so is Becca! Hope you keep visiting mine as well! I'm going to add yours to mine if that is ok!
Love and miss you guys!!

Kristen said...

I added a montage to my post. Apparently, I did not take nearly as many pictures as I had thought. :-(

Anonymous said...

Looks like a such a fun day! Very beautiful!