background

Sunday, June 24, 2007

3 years, 3 days

Originally posted February 7, 2007 - Wednesday


3 years, 3 days
Current mood: discontent
Category: Jobs, Work, Careers

I've been an employee at this current job for 3 years and 3 days. I was hired to start on February 4, 2004. It's a great job, great employers. Family run law firm. 2 of of the 3 brothers are lawyers and the other brother is the office manager. They are all my bosses, since the firm has their name. They are really great guys, all of them. Extremely laid back, which is why it's been so easy to stay on here. Really not too much stress, generally. It just hit me this morning that I've been here 3 years and 3 days. I know here and there I blog about returning to NC. Today I feel like I could walk into one of 3 different offices and give notice, and have my stuff packed and be gone 2 weeks from now. I won't, it's not how I do things, normally. I'm just really tired, I guess, of being here. Sorry to whine, but hey, I'm a female, and we do this sometimes.

Again, I wish I was a kid again, able to just do what I'm told, leaving the big decisions for someone older and wiser. Being a grown up is not so easy sometimes.

No comments: