background

Sunday, June 24, 2007

New Me, week 3 results

Originally posted October 23, 2006

New Me, week 3 results

Ok, so, here's the scoop. I felt good all week, thought I was being good, following the "diet" and working out.
But:
I was worried all week, too, because by last night, I had put on 2 pounds, and it was aggravating, because I was NOT CHEATING. I wrote a friend of mine, who is a former power lifter, personal trainer and nutrition counselor, and told her my concerns, I asked her for some input, (something positive, please) She told me that muscle DOES weigh more than fat, that if I am ONLY lifting weights as exercise, I WILL gain weight, even though I'm losing fat, in the beginning. She said I need to add some cardio training into my exercise, which I knew, I just dont like going outside to do it. She also indicated that as my muscles get stronger and more fit, they will help me burn more fat. Anyway, late last week I remembered that the people I work for have a little gym set up in one of the vacant offices in this building (they own the building) In it, are weights, a weight bench, and a TREADMILL!!! Friday I walked for about 15 minutes, went 3/4 of a mile. I was excited. This morning, I walked about 20 minutes, and did one mile!! (I actually jogged for 1/8 of that mile!!) It's my intention to come to work dressed in sweats and tennies, get here early, go get my cardio out of the way for the day, and then change and come to work. So, the end results for the end of week three,
Daniel lost another 2 lbs, for a total of 21 lbs so far for him,
I didn't lose, but I did get rid of those 2 lbs that I had "gained", so I'm still at 19 lbs for 3 weeks. I'm happy with that, because I know that my new heavy muscles are going to benefit me in the long run, and that's what I'm here for, the long run, not the short term.
Much love to all,
Kathy

p.s. thank you Cory, for setting me straight, I LOVE you!

No comments: