background

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Backs and Forths, Ups and Downs

original post - May 16, 2007 - Wednesday


Backs and Forths, Ups and Downs
Current mood: too many to name
Category: too many to name Life

Well, at nearly 4pm today I got the call with the preliminary results from the amnio. Our son has Down Syndrome. I've had lot's of emotions already, they come and go. I cried first, sad for him, for all that he won't have. Then I was relieved, because, after all, it meant I would have a baby, and he doesn't have one of the chromosomal abnormalities that would kill him. Next I felt guilty. Everybody knows that it's my old ass egg that caused it.

Daniel is super supportive, really excited, already talking about special olympics, and the like.

So that's where we are. I love this baby boy so much, and hope that I can be for him everything he needs from me. I will always share with you the latest, as I get it. Thank you so much for all your support and prayers, You've no idea what it's done for me. Please keep on.

Love,
Kathy

No comments: