background

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Long Lost Friends

Originally posted February 13, 2007 - Tuesday


Long Lost Friends
Current mood: peaceful
Category: Friends

I have a beautiful story to share, at least, the way it touches MY heart, makes it beautiful to me. I had a best friend, back between my ages 10-12. She was a few years older than I, and I SO looked up to her. We lived in a small apartment complex in Southern California, and for a time, we were inseperable. She and I were both "fatherless" in the sense that our parents were divorced, and we were so close. We got in lots and lots of trouble together, as kids do. Her mom ended up moving to another town, and naturally, that was pretty much the end of that. I saw her I think twice, in a short period of time after that, once, I actually boarded a bus and rode for a few hours to get to her house to visit with her, and then once again, a few years later after she had married, and was having a baby shower. That was it. Life took over, and we lost touch. I think about her often, forgetting more than I remember. I have, over the years, in this internet age, done searches for her, but never found anything. Until last week. You know how in your home page in Myspace, they are filling up the part above your friends with little advertisements? Well, one day last week I clicked on a link that advertised finding people. With that link I found the city and state that she lived in. Then I did a myspace search in that zip code, didn't find her, but I did find a couple of her now adult children, (lucky for me, I remembered their names!) I wrote to them, giving them enough facts about their mom so they wouldnt think I was some wierdo stalker, and they communicated with her, and now, we are emailing, she doesn't have a myspace page, YET, but I'm working on her. It has been SO much fun catching up. I have the kind of personality who does better with one really good friend at a time. She was my best ever friend in the world, and I truly loved her like a sister. I have this really great feeling of peace, because of this recent find, and am happy. She lives on the other side of the country, so I don't know when I'll get to see her, but for now, it's enough. It's so much more than it's been all these years, I'm feeling very lucky, very satisfied.

No comments: